The Access Services Department at Calder Library welcomes all students, faculty, and staff returning for the Spring Semester 2022!
As Calder Library continues to operate during unprecedented times amidst the Covid-19 pandemic, the staff hopes to make your library visit a positive experience by offering numerous services.
The library has a variety of equipment available for check-out such as webcams, phone and computer chargers, dry erase markers, earplugs, and headphones--all on a first come first served basis. Patrons can also charge their phones at the charging station on the first floor. Printing services, 3D printing, and study rooms are also provided. Gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer are available to all visitors on the first floor and disinfectant wipes can be found on all floors of the building.
University of Miami (UM) students, faculty, and staff can also check out an augmented reality (AR) Magic Leap Kit at the Access Services desk.
For new and returning residents, we offer remote access to all online materials, usernames and passwords for library computers, and UPrint services.
If you have any questions or need help, Access Services staff members are available from 7:30 am to 8:00 pm Monday through Friday at the first floor Service desk; or you may call Access Services at 305-243-6403. We are also available from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday on the Library Chat found on the Calder website.
We hope to see you soon!
Services & Resources for All Library Patrons (UM and JMH):
- Library Computers
- PCs and Macs
- Log in credentials for JMH staff and residents
- Remote Access
- Single Sign-On Authentication (CaneID) for UM students and employees
- Restricted-use CaneID/C-Number for JMH employees and residents
- Equipment for check out
- Phone & Computer Chargers
- Charging Station
- Dry Erase Markers
- Study Room Reservations/Keys
- Students can reserve study rooms for interviews on the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors and for exams in any study room
- 3D Printing
- Online Chat Service
- Other Supplies
- Ear plugs
- Scrap paper
- Hole punchers
- Face Coverings and Hygienic Products
- Disinfectant wipes on all floors
- Free masks at the Security desk
- Hand sanitizer on all floors
- Printing Services
- U-Print Card (for JMH and UM staff)
- Intercampus check-out and delivery of library materials
- Relaxation Room
- Magic Leap Kit
- UM Students, Faculty, & Staff