|Professional Librarian Consultations and Group Training Sessions|
|Come to the Library!|
|Written by Carmen Bou-Crick|
|Monday, 05 May 2014 00:00|
The University of Miami Medical Library is the place to find authoritative, current, and relevant information for patient care, research, and education. Schedule a personal one-on-one Professional Librarian Consultation at the medical library. Sessions will provide an opportunity to ask a professional librarian for information addressing specific needs. The library has a plethora of resources that are waiting to be discovered:
• Electronic books and journals
• Medical, nursing, psychology, and other subject databases
• Clinical decision-making databases for patient care
• Literature research and systematic reviews
• Guidelines for evidence-based practice
• Identifying journals with high impact factors
• Finding the impact of an author’s publications (H-Index)
• Finding mentors and collaborators
• Searching for grant resources and funding
• Verification of citations for publishing
• Organizing references and creating bibliographies
and much more…
Professional Librarian Consultations @ Calder Library can be scheduled from 9 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Professional Librarian Consultations @ University of Miami Hospital (UMH) Medical Library can be scheduled from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon.
Group Training Sessions are available at any medical campus location. Contact us and we will take our training to you! Let us design a class based on your needs. Larger groups sessions can be scheduled at Calder Library’s electronic classroom, where up to 32 participants can have hands-on experience during class. Our classes are listed at the Calder Library website.
Calder Library is located at 1601 NW 10th Avenue. The UMH Medical Library is a branch of the Louis Calder Memorial Library, located in Room 2019 on the second floor of the hospital’s East Building.
Contact us at: email@example.com or 305-243-6648.