Dear Juniors and Seniors:
Welcome to your clinical rotations!!
The Calder librarians would like to recommend a clinical resource to you as well as anyone interested in visual clinical decision support tools. An important point of care resource is VisualDx, designed by dermatologists and physician specialists and accessible through the Calder Library Homepage.
Poison Ivy (above) courtesy of VisualDx
We love this resource and think you will too. WHY?
- VisualDx does not require the clinician to search by diagnosis name.
- Physicians can enter the patient's clinical features to view the diagnoses with the most relevance.
- VisualDx integrates within UpToDate. When you search UpToDate, keep a look out for the orange VDx icon, which indicates content from VisualDx.
VisualDx helps clinicians:
- Better identify and diagnose visually presenting conditions such as skin, infectious, metabolic, nutritional, genetic, and immunologic diseases and adverse drug reactions.
- Immediately access more than 22,000 medical images as well as actionable peer-reviewed treatment, therapy, and management information on over 1,000 diagnoses.
- View variations in presentations – whether due to immune status, skin color, severity, or temporal stage – of both common and rare diseases.
In addition, all UMMSM users have free access to VisualDx Mobile for iOS and Android devices.